Search This Blog

Monday 23 March 2015

Bill Boethius & Dali's Car [first album]

The first Dali's Car album draws on the blues roots. Like so many, I began playing guitar because I wanted to play blues, although I didn't know it was the blues. I then went the various roots of trying to play rock and jazz, and then studied classical. But I now realise that it is not about notes and chords etc., - it is about *sound*. Most guitarists play too many notes and not enough sounds. So this album shows my transition from notes to sounds. Droning Earth picked the tracks and put this album out first. I love their vision and their embrace of the experimental. Music is sound experiments - I just happen to use guitar and bass at the moment. But I am lead by sound and by the accidental. There is little difference between casting the runes and playing guitar. Hence the runes on this album's cover.

No comments: